Serena Ryder is making her MMVA debut as a performer on Sunday, June 16! The Canadian folk singer is set to take the stage at the world famous awards show to bring her blend of pop, rock, folk and soul to the streets of Toronto.
In addition to Serena Ryder, performers for the 2013 MMVAs also include Phillip Phillips, Avril Lavigne, Classified, Demi Lovato, Ed Sheeran and your 2013 MMVA co-host PSY.
Until then, get to know 2013 MMVA performer Serena Ryder with ten fun facts below!
1. Serena Ryder is nominated for three MMVAs this year.
2. Serena began singing publically at age 7 at legions and hotels.
3. In the late 90s, Serena gained experience by playing with bands like Three Days Grace.
4. Serena’s first promotional cassette had a run of 100 units.
5. Ryder’s second album features 12 covers of famous Canadian songs.
6. In 2007, Serena opened for Aerosmith.
7. In 2008, Serena won Best New Artist at the JUNO Awards.
8. Ryder’s music has been used on Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, and Gossip Girl.
9. Serena has released six studio albums, five EPs and four live albums.
10. Stompa has gone two times platinum since its release in 2012.