Get ‘Red’ Carpet Ready With This Lights-Inspired Red Makeup Routine
The iHeartRadio MMVAs are just days away, and we know that you’re probably stressing out about putting together the perfect “taking selfies with celebs on the red carpet” look. Don’t worry, we are too.
Which is why we turned to Lights – style icon, Canadian electropop Queen, and yes, an MMVA presenter – for help. We’re totally digging Light’s new fiery red ‘do, but unfortunately not everyone is lucky enough to have been blessed with naturally crimson locks (or the nerve to dye them red). So instead, we’re doing something a little more manageable – taking Lights’ fierce new look and using it to plan the perfect red-tinted MMVA makeup routine.
They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul for a reason, so why not dress those windows up a little bit? From eyeliner to eye shadow to mascara, you’ll be seeing red the entire night.
- [Vivid Brights Liner (Vivid Fire – Light Red), $10]
- [O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara (Burgundy-Red Wine), $33]
- [Urban Decay Eyeshadow (Relish), $22]
Whether you prefer to go for a subtle blush or a more dramatic rouge, brushing a little bit of red onto those cheekbones will immediately take your look from drab to fab.
- [NYX Rouge Cream Blush (Red-Pink), $10]
- [MAC Lip & Cheek x6: Yoni Attraction, $48]
- [Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush, $36]
Don’t worry, we didn’t forget about the nails! Red nails are a fancy night out staple (we’re pretty sure it says so in some unofficial awards show handbook), so here are a few shades of polish to choose from.
- [Essie Nail Polish (Forever Yummy), $8.96]
- [Pretty Vulgar Liquor Nail Polish (Scarlett Letter), $24.50]
- [NYX Nail Lacquer (Get Spicy), $7]
And finally, the lips. Everyone knows that a fierce red lip is worthy of a fierce red LOOK, so you’ve got to select only the best lipsticks, glosses, and liners to put into your go-to makeup arsenal.