Actress and singer Naya Rivera will be making her MMVA debut as a presenter on Sunday, June 16th. We know Naya best as sassy cheerleader Santana Lopez on the smash-hit series Glee, but let’s learn a bit more about the talented California girl.
1) The actress has a trademark dance called “The Naya Dance.” It’s a celebratory move she’s not afraid to break out just about anywhere. Whether dancing on Glee or on a beach vacation, Naya has documented it everywhere. It’s gotten so popular that her fans, the Naya-holics, join in the fun and create their own videos of the move.
2) Naya auditioned for American Idol back in 2002, but didn’t make the final cut. She didn’t let that get her down and instead tried out for Glee, singing the same song as in her American Idol audition, The Bee Gees’ Emotion. Big wigs at Glee loved it, and the rest is history.
3) In 2002 she played the love interest in B2K’s video for Why I Love You.
4) Naya shows that her heart is as big as her mega-watt smile. When she’s not working, she shares her time with many charities such as GLAAD, The Trevor Project and Stand Up to Cancer. So cool.
5) The singer/ actress usually keeps her love life on the down low, but she has been recently linked to Big Sean, a true match made in red carpet Heaven.
Get your chance to submit a question for Naya during the MMVA BlackBerry Lounge, and you could win your own BlackBerry Z10! Check out muchmusic.com/BlackBerry to ask a question, and follow Liz’s countdown.