10 Things We Learned About Tegan And Sara’s ‘Love You To Death’
Tegan and Sara dropped their highly anticipated eighth studio album Love You To Death on Friday and in addition to playing a number of shows to promote the new disc, the 2016 iHeartRadio MMVA performers also took the time to answer fan questions on Facebook Live.
Here are 10 things we learned from Tegan and Sara’s latest Q&A.
1. The twins celebrated the release of Love You To Death in Los Angeles with doughnuts, including their custom Green Teagan and Sara doughnuts from Donut Friend, as well as Sugar Fish Sushi and white wine.
2. Tegan taught Sara to say “IRL” instead of “In Real Life.”
3. Even though they’ve announced their new world tour, they are still trying to make it to South America.
4. Now that the album is out, Tegan and Sara are most looking forward to touring, traveling and hanging out with their super fun crew.
5. Tegan is into things that have hair or fur, including rats.
6. Tegan’s favourite Snapchat filter is “the beauty one that makes your skin look like you’re not 35” while Sara is partial to face swap.
7. After spending a year and a half growing out their hair, neither Tegan nor Sara have any plans to change their current hairstyle for this album.
8. Sara’s favourite song from the new album is “White Knuckles.”
9. “Be With You” is described by Tegan as a song about her “complicated relationship to the institution of marriage.”
10. “Stop Desire” was the first song written for the album and was written by Sara before the duo toured with fun.
Don’t miss Tegan and Sara when they perform at the 2016 iHeartRadio MMVAs on Sunday, June 19!