10 Reasons To Turn It Up At The MMVA Beauty Bar this Weekend
Our Beauty Bar is officially open to the public, and just incase you need some convincing to stop by the amazing and FREE venue, here are 10 reasons why you CAN’T miss the MMVA Beauty Bar.
1. You could be mistaken for a celebrity. This weekend, everyone will be on the lookout for celebs. After a stop at our Beauty Bar, don’t be surprised if you get stopped on the street and asked for an autograph. (Note to self: memorize Ariana Grande’s signature)
2. H&M Gift Certificates. After your beauty touch up is finished, head on over to H&M and we’ll help treat you to a new outfit to match your new look! We’re giving away $10 H&M gift cards to the first few visitors every day!
3. Learn Beauty Tips from the Pros. You might want to bring a pencil and paper or at least have notepad open on your iPhone because our beauty experts will be eager to tell you any tips and tricks they have while completing your touch up!
4. It’s on the way to the gym…right? Yeah, yes, most definitely on the way to the gym. Who wouldn’t want to rock an Ariana Grande pony on the treadmill?
5. There’s a Photo Booth. And come on, who doesn’t love a photo booth? Even if you don’t, you won’t be able to resist ours, which is complete with wind machine! So get your beauty touch up, grab your bestie, make your best duck face and VOGUE! Don’t forget to share your photo using #gottaturnitup for a chance to be featured on our site!
6. Celebrity Sightings. I mean, it’s MMVA weekend! The streets around MUCH will be scattered with performers and presenters prepping for their roles at the show. And let’s face it, if you do run into Hedley, you’re gonna want to look GOOD. We’ve got you covered.
7. There are Swag Bags. Remember our swag bag sneak peek? Yeah, all that stuff- AND MORE, will be yours once you’re done your experience. Free swag bags with full-sized product are just a beauty touch up away.
8. No Calories at this Bar. You can indulge in all of our treats without feeling guilty. It may be because all of our treats are beauty products, but still, we take pride in being Toronto’s first guilt-free bar!
9. You get the Celebrity Treatment. Ok, so we may not ever be royals, but our Beauty Bar will definitely give you the royal treatment! Stop by, get pampered, and feel like a celebrity for the rest of the day!
10. It’s Free. We mentioned that it’s free, right? Like 100% totally free. Like, if you forget your wallet at home you can still come in and leave with a bunch of stuff. For free.
By Hilary Allan
Meanwhile on Much.com
Musicians, celebrities and athletes have all felt the wrath of random Internet haters. Now, in the latest instalment of Mean Tweets, it’s YouTube Creators’ turn in Jimmy Kimmel’s hot seat. Celebrating VidCon, the huge online video conference that takes place in California every year, Kimmel rounds up some of the biggest names in Internet culture […]
Last night’s Season 6 finale of Game of Thrones marked the first time most viewers have ever been happy to see the arrival of winter. The finale was a packed set-up for Season 7, including the deaths of major characters, the crowning of two new rulers, the forming of alliances we’ve been waiting six seasons […]
The music and mud-loving Glastonbury Festival took place this past weekend in the U.K. and for the first time, featured Adele headlining the event in front of a crowd of 150,000. The 25 singer kept the BBC censors working overtime during her closing set on Saturday, swearing 33 times and making us love her even […]
The BET network promised that this year’s show would be one for the books, and the network delivered. With numerous performances, political statements, tributes and a lot of laughter, last night’s award show never failed to lose our attention. Missed the show? Don’t worry, we got you. Check out our highlights from the 2016 BET […]
The new trailer for Star Trek Beyond has arrived and packs an emotional punch on a number of different levels. The new film focuses heavily on the destruction of the USS Enterprise and the exit of Captain Kirk, two somber occurrences that will have Trekkies lining up at the box office. Today’s trailer is the […]