10 Reasons To Turn It Up At The MMVA Beauty Bar this Weekend
Our Beauty Bar is officially open to the public, and just incase you need some convincing to stop by the amazing and FREE venue, here are 10 reasons why you CAN’T miss the MMVA Beauty Bar.
1. You could be mistaken for a celebrity. This weekend, everyone will be on the lookout for celebs. After a stop at our Beauty Bar, don’t be surprised if you get stopped on the street and asked for an autograph. (Note to self: memorize Ariana Grande’s signature)
2. H&M Gift Certificates. After your beauty touch up is finished, head on over to H&M and we’ll help treat you to a new outfit to match your new look! We’re giving away $10 H&M gift cards to the first few visitors every day!
3. Learn Beauty Tips from the Pros. You might want to bring a pencil and paper or at least have notepad open on your iPhone because our beauty experts will be eager to tell you any tips and tricks they have while completing your touch up!
4. It’s on the way to the gym…right? Yeah, yes, most definitely on the way to the gym. Who wouldn’t want to rock an Ariana Grande pony on the treadmill?
5. There’s a Photo Booth. And come on, who doesn’t love a photo booth? Even if you don’t, you won’t be able to resist ours, which is complete with wind machine! So get your beauty touch up, grab your bestie, make your best duck face and VOGUE! Don’t forget to share your photo using #gottaturnitup for a chance to be featured on our site!
6. Celebrity Sightings. I mean, it’s MMVA weekend! The streets around MUCH will be scattered with performers and presenters prepping for their roles at the show. And let’s face it, if you do run into Hedley, you’re gonna want to look GOOD. We’ve got you covered.
7. There are Swag Bags. Remember our swag bag sneak peek? Yeah, all that stuff- AND MORE, will be yours once you’re done your experience. Free swag bags with full-sized product are just a beauty touch up away.
8. No Calories at this Bar. You can indulge in all of our treats without feeling guilty. It may be because all of our treats are beauty products, but still, we take pride in being Toronto’s first guilt-free bar!
9. You get the Celebrity Treatment. Ok, so we may not ever be royals, but our Beauty Bar will definitely give you the royal treatment! Stop by, get pampered, and feel like a celebrity for the rest of the day!
10. It’s Free. We mentioned that it’s free, right? Like 100% totally free. Like, if you forget your wallet at home you can still come in and leave with a bunch of stuff. For free.
By Hilary Allan
Meanwhile on Much.com
When we last left the tech-comedy roller-coaster ride that is Silicon Valley, the Pied Piper team was celebrating a successful live stream and the buyout of Russ Hannemen only to find out that new owner Raviga Capital had voted to remove Richard as CEO. It was the final letdown in a season (and series) rife […]
It’s hard to say for certain what drives actors to make their most extreme choices, but when the performance in question wins an Oscar, you can assume gold statues were never far from their mind. Pushing your body to inconvenient, even dangerous places for a role may sound irrational, but these actors proved it can […]
The introduction of Frinkiac, the massive Google-like search engine of all things The Simpsons, has changed our lives for the better. Or for the worse, if you’re counting all the time we spend searching for the perfect screencap. Luckily, we’ve got your back when it comes to all Valentines-related Simpsons photos, here are 12 Simpsons […]
Sequels, spinoffs, and remakes are Hollywood’s bread and butter but do this year’s crop of Academy Award nominees offer up any opportunities for franchise-building? We apply our completely subjective methods of analysis to eight films in an effort to predict whether or not a part two is in the cards for any of the Best […]
Film festivals aren’t just for grown-ups anymore. As part of its year-round activities, TIFF organizes several mini-festivals, including TIFF Next Wave, a three-day event geared toward “young movie lovers.” Featuring free screenings of old and new movies alike, guest Q&As, industry workshops and panels, the 24-Hour Film Challenge, and Battle of the Scores (more about […]