10 Reasons To Turn It Up At The MMVA Beauty Bar this Weekend
Our Beauty Bar is officially open to the public, and just incase you need some convincing to stop by the amazing and FREE venue, here are 10 reasons why you CAN’T miss the MMVA Beauty Bar.
1. You could be mistaken for a celebrity. This weekend, everyone will be on the lookout for celebs. After a stop at our Beauty Bar, don’t be surprised if you get stopped on the street and asked for an autograph. (Note to self: memorize Ariana Grande’s signature)
2. H&M Gift Certificates. After your beauty touch up is finished, head on over to H&M and we’ll help treat you to a new outfit to match your new look! We’re giving away $10 H&M gift cards to the first few visitors every day!
3. Learn Beauty Tips from the Pros. You might want to bring a pencil and paper or at least have notepad open on your iPhone because our beauty experts will be eager to tell you any tips and tricks they have while completing your touch up!
4. It’s on the way to the gym…right? Yeah, yes, most definitely on the way to the gym. Who wouldn’t want to rock an Ariana Grande pony on the treadmill?
5. There’s a Photo Booth. And come on, who doesn’t love a photo booth? Even if you don’t, you won’t be able to resist ours, which is complete with wind machine! So get your beauty touch up, grab your bestie, make your best duck face and VOGUE! Don’t forget to share your photo using #gottaturnitup for a chance to be featured on our site!
6. Celebrity Sightings. I mean, it’s MMVA weekend! The streets around MUCH will be scattered with performers and presenters prepping for their roles at the show. And let’s face it, if you do run into Hedley, you’re gonna want to look GOOD. We’ve got you covered.
7. There are Swag Bags. Remember our swag bag sneak peek? Yeah, all that stuff- AND MORE, will be yours once you’re done your experience. Free swag bags with full-sized product are just a beauty touch up away.
8. No Calories at this Bar. You can indulge in all of our treats without feeling guilty. It may be because all of our treats are beauty products, but still, we take pride in being Toronto’s first guilt-free bar!
9. You get the Celebrity Treatment. Ok, so we may not ever be royals, but our Beauty Bar will definitely give you the royal treatment! Stop by, get pampered, and feel like a celebrity for the rest of the day!
10. It’s Free. We mentioned that it’s free, right? Like 100% totally free. Like, if you forget your wallet at home you can still come in and leave with a bunch of stuff. For free.
By Hilary Allan
Meanwhile on Much.com
Instead of catching ghosts (or Pokémon) this week, Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones had the unfortunate task of busting the most unseemly creatures 2016 has to offer: Twitter trolls. Yesterday, Jones visited Late Night with Seth Meyers to discuss the Twitter trolls she encountered in response to the Ghostbusters movie. With her recent return back to Twitter […]
Amy Winehouse had a voice much bigger than her five-foot-something stature. When Back to Black went double platinum nearly a year after its release, this tiny kid from the U.K. had the world wondering, “What is this girl about?” My story with Winehouse started before she became a household name. As July 23 marks five years since […]
With The Hills: That Was Then, This Is Now just a few weeks away, we can’t help but listen to the iconic theme song on repeat. Natasha Bedingfield’s “Unwritten” has become a nostalgic song for the 20-somethings of this generation. It makes us think of a time when Sidekick phones were all the rage, Paris […]
Céline Dion hasn’t spent a lifetime performing to sold out crowds just to sit on a couch and do a few halfhearted impressions. The woman’s an *entertainer*. That’s why when Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon invited the Grammy winner to play Wheel of Musical Impressions, Dion agreed. And then she slayed. Dion did the usual […]
Canadian trailblazers A Tribe Called Red are continuing to forge their own path in music. The electronic band, comprised of DJ’s Bear Witness, DJ NDN and 2oolman, have combined dance music and elements of First Nation music to win critical acclaim and legions of fans since dropping their debut self-album in 2012. The JUNO Award […]